lørdag 7. juli 2012

Ingenious use of Twitter - Habibi

This is a poem I found on Twitter consisting of many tweets. I´m not quite sure if I have got the sequences right, but checking it out with the writer @ASE. I find the poem Habibi strong and beautiful.
Added
TweetPoem 1: Saturday, July the 7th
TweetPoem 2: Sunday, July the 8th
TweetPoem 3: Sunday, July the 8th


TweetPoem 1:  

Habibi

Habibi, I loved you again,
Habibi, I loved you before,
So please forget the fighting,
Our fighting, and their fighting

For it does not dare compare
Even in the most casual of contrasts
Ours is a love Theirs is a passion
Our sign is eternity Theirs is clashing

Do not deny my love, As you deny their dwellings.
Just complete me, lets stand corrected
For if I am wrong, then life is wrong too
I love you Habibi, And have always loved you
So then: meet me at the wall,
in the well I will crawl,
in the hell of this brawl.
where our souls can tell secrets in the sun
where we realized we could be one
where our passions need not be polite

meet me there Habibi, meet me there tonight.
not alone in our surroundings, but visible to none

TweetPoem 2:  
Flirting
Flirting is fun but feeble for the finicky

TweetPoem 3:

I began to like New York

Dazzling lights and dizzying heights,
determined to make it mine
riding the subway,
waiting in line,
for tickets.

Rare to be asleep past nine.
Smelling nuts roasting
above the 1/9,
that is now the 1/2/3.
Always changing,
relocating,
windy outside,
as workers pass by.

Buying bagels, out of hands.
Beggars under poles
and homeless on the trains,
making high demands
for loose change.

Walking fast,
workers pass by.
Walking fast,


Always ten minutes too late,
though I should learn
to remain in one place,
and slow down, and take it in,
and breathe.

I liked New York
as the fall began
like a baby crawls
to a stumbling stand



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

If content is considered offensive, it will be moderated or deleted.